Saturday 15 June 2013

State of Grace

Despite knowing that I needed to get up at 3.30am in order to get to the airport, I still left my packing until the night before.. and then realised that I didn't have a sleeping back to take so had to make an emergency trip to Tescos to pick one up (and some kettle chips - they were a necessity too). I finished packing just after midnight and then, of course, was too stressed/excited/nervous to sleep.

Check in at Heathrow was pretty uneventful. I had a horrible coffee from Costa which the barrista tried to charge me $4.50 for (I can't find the pound sign on this keyboard), but turns out she pressed the wrong button and it was only $2.30. The flight was pretty good, I started watching Argo but swapped for the slightly more light hearted Hunchback of Notre Dame - never disappoints.

I am now waiting out my 9 and a half hour layover in Doha airport which (apart from the free to use computers) doesn't offer much entertainment. Apparently Singapore Airport has a swimming pool and a butterfly garden which I will definitely be making use of on my return. I keep wandering past the Qatar Airways Lounge looking in longingly hoping they'll take pity on me. I'm not holding out much hope on that one though - don't think I'm dressed quite smartly enough.

Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment